BULIG BISAYA | The Ayala group is responding to the crisis in the aftermath of Typhoon Yolanda through the restoration of vital services such as telecommunications and banking, provision of potable water, as well as relief and rebuilding operations carried out by its companies and employees in cooperation with government agencies and partner organizations.
MTP LANDS IN BANTAYAN. In addition to providing Baso Water in Leyte, Manila Water (through its subsidiary Cebu Manila Water Development and in coordination with the LGU), has also deployed its Mobile Treatment Plant to Bantayan Island with a population of more than 74,000. The MTP is manned by a team of 8 and is stationed at Barangay Ticad. Since Saturday, it has produced 38,400 liters of potable water sourced from seawater.
ONE BIG AYALA VOLUNTEER NIGHT NOV 22 FRIDAY 6PM. Aside from donating cash and in kind, employees in the Ayala group have been participating in relief goods repacking since last week. On Friday, the Ayala group will gather as one. Contact your HR department to sign up for the One Big Ayala Volunteer Night. Ayala, Bulig Bisaya!
BPI FOUNDATION, BPI REMITTANCE WAIVED FEE UNTIL NOVEMBER 30. BPI has waived remittance fees for donations sent through BPI Europe and BPI Remittance Centers. Beneficiary institutions are Ayala Foundation, BPI Foundation, ABS-CBN Foundation Sagip Kapamilya, Caritas Manila, and the Philippine National Red Cross. For the list of branches and remittance centers, go to www.bpiexpressonline.com.
HOT MEALS FOR EVACUEES, RESIDENTS / AFI, ABC CEBU, GLOBE REACH OUT. With funds from AFI, Ayala Business Club Cebu prepared packed meals for Leytehanons arriving in Cebu. Volunteers from ABC Cebu, Honda, and Stream distributed meals to evacuees who arrived yesterday, Nov 18, at the Rafael Ramos Naval Base.
In Capiz, Globe set up a mobile kitchen providing hot meals for 1,000 people. It also distributed hot meals in Concepcion and Sara, Iloilo, last week.
– 80% Globe network in the Visayas restored #BangonPIinoy
– P750k IMI employees’ pledges and savings from cancelled events
– P3.6M Donations raised among BPI employees as of Nov 18 10AM
– P4.5M Donations raised among AC, Liveit, Aviation, and HRMall employees and savings from events as of Nov 19
– P931k Ayala Auto associates’ donations and company savings
– P5M Ayala Land’s initial donation coming from event savings across all strategic business units (SBUs)
– 89 out of 92 BPI and BPI Family Savings Bank branches in affected areas now operational with the reopening in Ormoc and Baybay. Only 3 Tacloban branches are closed